Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Twilight Series

I have heard people rant and rave about Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. I'm not sure what to think. I have not read the books nor seen the movies, but after so much hubbub about them, I'm thinking that I may need to read the books. So, if anyone has any good or bad things to say about these books, I'm open to them. I am automatically leery of any book that has anything to do with a vampire, but people have said that the book is more about forbidden love. I just think that I'm not sure about them, but so many people have talked about them that I think I may have to try to read one. . . So I'm open for comments.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I was the same way Ellie. I didn't have any desire to read the books until one day out of boredom, one month ago, I decided to buy Twilight for the lack of anything better. I read it and actually really enjoyed it and read the whole series within a months time!

Anderson's said...

L, I really liked them and actually read them all in record time for me. It's a love story with the twist of vampires, and it isn't the bloody gory vampires, it shows a human look at them. The nice thing is that it is clean because the author is LDS. I can let you know if you want to watch the movie first tomorrow, I am going to watch it with friends. I hope you like it.

Jill Skouson said...

If you read them with the idea that they will change your life or have deep meaning, you will be disappointed. You should read them if you're in the mood for a fun story to just entertain you.

le35 said...

Jill,

I'm very often in the mood for just a good entertaining story. . . I read a lot of LDS fiction for that reason. Betsy Brannon Green being one of my top authors for a good "Paper Doll Book." I may read them.

Crisanja said...

I just reread twilight, and I enjoyed it for the second time. Its clean, and sweet, and while it does have vampires, its more that instead of casting, say, a biker as the "forbidden guy" its a vampire. Dangerous, but, these vampires appear to have morals. Its quite entertaining, sweet, there is some suspense but its not gory. And the movie was an excellent adaptation of the book, very rare as you know. I say just give it a try, you can always put it down ;) hmm, I think I might need to get my copy back....