Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not just another lazy day

So, this morning, I was really looking forward to today. I woke up thinking, "All I have to do today is teach my seminary class, and then I can go home and rest while I watch the kids." Note to self: Whenever you think that, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO!!! Instead, I got a call from one of my very best friends saying, "Would you mind coming over to help me pack today? We have to move out." Her husband got fired from his job earlier this month, but they weren't that worried because he expected his pay check to be 2000 more dollars than the paycheck he got. . . His boss just decided not to turn in the papers that would give him the commission he earned through the month of October. So they can't pay their rent. This means that they have to move in with his mom while he looks for a job. I did spend the day helping her take care of her kids and taking care of Ben while Grandma spent some special time helping Jackie make cookies. I also helped her pack quite a bit of her house. She is planning on moving out this weekend. I did not pick up any boxes that had been filled, and I successfully kept from lifting Ben today! Three cheers for me. I did not run today either, so there's another cheer for me. I hope that I can keep this up. So far, it's kind of like this blog. One day at a time. If I forget, oops Oh well, I just need to keep going and trying to see how well I can do.

I guess that's like life too. I'm never going to be perfect, but in everything I do, I just need to keep going even after I've messed up once. So far, I'm doing pretty well.

No comments: