Sunday, February 17, 2008

Some mistakes are the best!

This afternoon, Rob asked, "What do you want for dinner?" I said, "I don't know what I want for dinner, but funnel cakes sound good for a snack."

For Christmas, Rob got me a Funnel Cake Making Kit. We had so much fun with the mix that came with it, and we have eaten many happy funnel cakes. Yesterday I wanted to make funnel cakes, but we were out of mix, so I pulled out the Bisquick. I heard through the grapevine that some people use the waffle recipe on the box to make funnel cakes. I tried it, and it was way too thick. I poured in another half cup of milk. Then it was way to thin. Next, I poured in some more Bisquick. Then, it was too thick. At that point, I gave up on the funnel cakes. I just plopped some pools of the batter in the frying pan. They were some YUMMY scones. We had never made scones in our house before, and these turned out great! I hope that I can replicate them and make them again. They may become a special treat type of dinner. Hooray!

3 comments:

Robert said...

I attempted to recreate the batter just after she made the first ones, and I think it was moderately successful. I got the oil too hot on the stove, though, and I burned quite a few of the scones. So, in the future, maybe Ellie should do the cooking of them and I'll make the batter.

le35 said...

I'm all about trying again soon. Maybe for lunch???

PunditMom said...

MMMMM. I LOVE funnel cake!