Thursday, May 24, 2007

Balancing family needs

So, I guess one of the best but hardest parts of parenting is balancing family needs. In this sense, it's a literal way. My husband and I had a bit of a contest today to see who could have our two year old sit on our legs and lift her the most times. We have pictures. I will post them as soon as I get them off of the other computer! But in reality, balancing our family needs is really becoming quite a challenge. Jackie really wants some attention, and Ben is getting busier and busier. As he gets into things like our laptop cords and I am working on getting my house cleaner, I am really having a hard time figuring out how to give Jackie the attention she really wants and needs. Therefore, Rob and I have taken to rough housing with her and working to read her more books. I am also letting her play in the sink as much as she wants. Even in the drought, I figure that the water is worth it. I wish she could play outside, but my yard isn't safe for a two year old. In the end, the rough housing is fun, and I know that we'll get the attention thing figured out.

No comments: