Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Story Time

We are getting ready to go to story time at the library. Our library has an excellent story time for toddlers. The woman who runs it is absolutely excellent. She makes a point of giving the children either a craft or a treat every time after story time. She always has a theme and liberally intersperses songs and movement. Although story time is the same both Tuesdays and Thursdays every week, I try to go both days because Jackie loves it so much. Also, I'm starting to make friends there.Yippee for story time!

2 comments:

Julie Pippert said...

I'm jealous you have such a grreat program, although my kids are not that in to story time. If it involved a jungle gym they'd go for it! LOL

Both our libraries do have programs (well okay my town has one library but we have a reciprocal deal in the next town, too). My town's library...we got asked to leave because Persistence, a baby at the time, was too wiggly and noisy. She was just squirming like little ones do and not crying, just making little noises. Luckily I had a friend there too and I went to the hall with P2 and P1 stayed in with the friends. Afterwards the librarian---children's librarian---came up and "suggested" I not return until my children could sit quietly. I was so offended I haven't been back since LOL!

The other library has a program somewhat like you describe but it's pretty low key so my kids get antsy.

Our old town in MA had a GREAT program, busy and active and fun and P1 LOVED that!

So like I said...jealous!

:)

Anonymous said...

i absolutely LOVE miss teresa! my experience at that library made me consider a career in library science.