Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Mornings

When I was growing up, I loved getting up early on Saturday mornings. If we were really quiet and didn't bug our parents, my mom would let us watch Saturday morning cartoons. Now, Jackie loves to wake me up and say, Mom, will you get me my cartoons? She will sit on the Luv Sac and watch cartoons for another 45 minutes to an hour, so I can get some blissful sleep. These cartoons aren't Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, and Wile E. Coyote, but they're alright. She either watches Mikey Mouse Club House or PBS. We don't watch Calliou though. I know that it's not an attached parent thing to do, but in the end, I need some sleep sometime. Last night I was up from 2:30 to 6:30. I woke up with Ben at 2:30; I was almost asleep. Jackie got up to pee at 3:15, and then I went in to sit with her until she went back to sleep. Then, I just couldn't get back to sleep until 6:30. My extra 45 minutes in the morning can make a real difference.

No comments: