Monday, September 10, 2007

Not your common aerobics

I previously commented that I would post about my physical therapy exercises. These are things that seem to be easy, but looks can be deceiving. They are things like focus my eyes on one thing held at arms length and shake my head from side to side as rapidly as I can while still staying in focus. And then shake my head from top to bottom while focusing. Another exercise is for me to stand in the corner on a pillow with my eyes closed for 30 seconds to a minute and try to balance myself. Rob needs to be standing in front of me for that one. He also needs to stand in front of me while I stand in the corner on the floor and put my feet, heel to toe together while I try to stand there with my eyes closed for 30 seconds to a minute. I do it once with my eyes closed and once with my eyes open. One of the hardest exercises for me is to sit on a chair, bend over my knee, focus my sight on my toes, and then quickly sit up and look over the opposite shoulder. This one generally makes me very sick. Although they do not take very much physical strength they are actually quite hard for me. I enjoy doing them, but some of them make me very sick, and I am often nauseous at the end of them.

On the bright side, I really feel better through most of my days when I do them twice a day! Yay!

No comments: