Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Last Lecture: A Virtual Book Club book review

I'm sorry that I didn't get this up in time for Melissa's book club last night, but I still wanted to do a book review post on this book. It's a wonderful book.

This book is called The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, and it's excellent. I recommend that anyone read this book. It's about a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University who was asked to give a "Last Lecture." What would you say if this was really the last lecture you could give? Right after he was asked, he found out that he had terminal pancreatic cancer. Although this sounds morbid, the book is not about dying. It's all about living and how to make the most of each day. I would write some of his anecdotes, but I think that you would benifit more from the surprise.

1 comment:

Crisanja said...

I watched this on youtube.com I loved it. Randy passed away today http://news.slashdot.org/news/08/07/25/1511252.shtml