Sunday, June 15, 2008

Crazy days

So, I had all sorts of intentions of making a follow up post to "If ye are prepared." However, life this week is full of blog fodder. So much blog fodder, that this post is all you're going to get. (Not that I have so many readers who will be disappointed though.)

So, sometime last week, I talked to the realtor who sold us our house just to see what we would need to fix if we wanted to sell our house. I figured that we would just start now and fix things little by little that way. We learned several things from the realtor. 1) We learned that our house will sell best in the summer. 2) Moving out this summer would almost double our chances of selling our house. 3) Fixing our house isn't going to be as huge a deal as we thought it would.

With all of that knowledge, Rob talked to his dad about things, just to talk things out. The new plan is for us to move out of our house. Rapidly. That way, we can put our house on the market and get it sold. Then, if we move a year from now, so Rob can get his Ph.D, then we won't have a house payment here killing us. We talked to Rob's parents tonight, and we got some stuff ironed out. It looks like we may be moving in with them at least until our house sells and maybe for the whole year. We'll see how things turn out.

I know that it's probably tacky to ask for other people to pray for you on the blog, but I'm asking anyway, this is sort of scary for me, and I'm not sure how I feel about living in the same house with my in-laws. I love them, and I like them, and they love and like me. I want it to stay that way.

No comments: