Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspiration. . . Hump day Hmm May 28th

The Hump Day Hmm over at Julie's blog is on either a blogger or a blog post that inspired or inspires you. There are so many to choose from, but this time, I'm going to choose my friend Katie.

She has had several blog posts lately that have truly inspired me to be happy and grateful for what I have, but on top of that, she has also just inspired me for most of my life. I have known her since we were about 10, and she has always been the kind of girl I wanted to grow up to be like. She is beautiful, kind, and generous. She has had quite a lot of hardships in her life, but she didn't get bitter, she gained faith. And even though we're the same age, someday, when I grow up, I want to be more like Katie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link!

le35 said...

You're welcome

Anonymous said...

Katie sounds wonderful. I just popped in and read her adoption post.

Katie said...

Wow Ellie,
I'm very flattered, but I'm afraid that you are giving me far to much credit. I'm not nearly as good a person as I have aparently tricked you into thinking I am.:) I just take life one day at a time and work my way through things because sometimes there just isn't any other choice. I have been blessed a lot in my life, and that far outweighs any hardships I have ever come across. Thanks for this post though. Everyone needs to hear that they are loved sometimes, and this is one of those days when I really needed it. That is one talent that you have always had that I love about you. You always know when I need a boost. Thanks, you are a gift.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the link! I enjoyed "meeting" her. :)

Julie Pippert said...

Oh this is great...true friendship. It's wonderful to hear propel talk about liking someone for who and how they are. Thanks for introducing us to Katie!