Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This week

Again, I'm starting my blog with an apology to my readers. This is becoming a habit which I am going to stop sometime after getting home; I hope. As stated in some previous post somewhere (that I don't want to take the time to find) one of my goals on this blog is to post at least once a week. My family has a tradition of sending out letters or emails to each other weekly, and my blog is sort of my update to my family. If anyone wants to know what's going on in my life, this is the best way. However, lately, life has been so crazy that I haven't been on the internet nearly as often as I generally am, and I am extremely tired at the end of each day. Therefore, at the times when I am the busiest, and my blog should be the most interesting, I am not getting anything posted.

This week, my family and I are in Sunny California. Rob's best friend got married on Saturday, and Rob was the best man, so we needed to be in the Los Angeles area. Since we were coming out anyway, we decided that we should make an entire vacation out of it. After all, how often does someone who lives in the southeast actually make it to California.

We left Wednesday night because we were flying out of Atlanta at 6:30 in the morning, so we spent the night in a motel and then got on our plane on Thursday. The kids were great on the plane and we landed around 9 am local time. We had enough time to get checked into our hotel, eat some great food, and research the local deals.

Friday, we spent the morning at Disneyland where Jackie got to have her picture taken with the Disney Princesses, and then we had lunch and went the the rehearsal and dinner that night. It was all lovely. The bride is lovely, and the groom is very kind. The wedding and reception were Saturday and all very high class and lovely. Sunday, they had a brunch at the The Huntington Library. This library houses the paintings Blue Boy and Pink Girl. Also there are some gorgeous gardens there with a wonderful Children's Garden where the kids are not only allowed but highly encouraged to play in the fountains, water, and dirt. It was great. We had our suitcases in the back of our van because we checked out of the Pasadena hotel that day, and the kids each changed their clothes after they were wet and dirty.

Sunday afternoon, we drove to Oceanside, California and we're staying in one of our Worldmark Resorts. It's lovely and we are settling in for a week at the beach, Sea World, and Legoland. See you next week, probably.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Guess you're still out there. I'm jealous. But I get to go next month, so I'll get over it.

Hope you had a happy moms day!