Friday, January 2, 2009

Nesting, restless, and sleepless

I should have written this post at 4:30 am just before I decided to take a bath and a shower to try to relax, but I didn't so I'm writing it now because, I am feeling just as restless tonight. Last night, around 8:00, I fell alseep only to wake up at 10:00 to help put Ben back to sleep. Once Ben went to sleep, I couldn't. I put all of the new baby's (probably going to name him Daniel) clothes in his new little plastic set of drawers and got my suitcase packed to go to the hospital. My lower back just hurt and my stomach felt tight. I was having quite a few Braxton Hicks, but they weren't horrible. I just couldn't relax. So finally, after cleaning and reading and reading and reading some more, at 4:30, I decided to take a bath to try to relax. Then, I took a shower, and Jackie came into the bathroom and said, "Keep it down, Mom, I'm trying to sleep!" Once I got out of the shower, I went to lay on the floor by Jackie, so she could go back to sleep, and I finally fell asleep about 5:15. So, I got to sleep last night from 8-10 and from 5:15-8. . . I'm feeling very restless again tonight. What should I do if I can't fall asleep again?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ugh. Most of my ideas are contra-indicated in pregnancy, so I'm no help there. Although if you have cable, get comfy (HA!) on the couch, turn on ESPN, and watch the droning on Sportscenter. Puts me right out.

Robert said...

We don't have cable. ANd if she'd watched it last night as they went on about Utah winning, that would've resulted in her coming to wake me up and say "Woo hoo! Utah beat Bama! I told you they were a better team!"

Of course she's not a football fan. Right. Sure..... keep saying it to yourself, Ellie. ;) She just enjoys it whenever a western team beats an SEC team. She then can rant about how the west is just as good. It's one of our fun conversations.

But no, last night, I don't think ESPN would've knocked her out.

Unknown said...

It's good for your health if you sleep at least 7 hours a day...

Happy blogging,

Toddler Activity