Saturday, August 16, 2008

South Georgia Rain

It was a cold and rainy night. . .

I used to think that the above phrase was redundant. If it's a rainy night, of couse it's cold. Enter south Georgia summers. The other day, the temperature was 90 degrees outside, and it had rained pretty hard. Jackie and Ben wanted to go outside and blow bubbles. The sky was still spitting at us, and you could feel the mist, but the hard rain was gone, so I decided that blowing bubbles was fine. The puddles were warm, and the rain that was still coming down, or just appearing out of nowhere and hitting my skin, was probably about 90 degrees as well. When the bubbles would hit the wet cement, they wouldn't pop. I thought, "YAY, I'll go get my camera" and by the time I came back, the kids were done blowing bubbles. They had dumped it all over them, and Jackie and Ben were in desperate need of a bath. So, we had all sorts of fun blowing bubbles in the south Georgia rain, but the bath time was fun, too.

2 comments:

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

I remember when I lived in Georgia for a summer and it rained all the time. I couldn't believe how warm the rain actually was. It was so cool to go outside and run around in the warm rain.

Kerrie McLoughlin said...

ah, i have a love/hate relationship with bubbles. they occupy the kids somewhat, but then they get bored and just dump them!