Saturday, February 24, 2007

A day in the life of an Attachment parent

Today, I was talking to one of my friends, and she was saying how she was afraid to have another child because she was afraid that she's not a good enough mom. She's a GREAT mom. She wants to see her daughter, and the mother loves her daughter. I think that she's the type of mom who could have 12 well behaved kids. However, it got me to thinking that part of being an attached parent is the desire to be around your children. I don't think that an attachment parent needs to be around her children all day long every day, but I think that attachment parents miss their children when they can't be around each other, and the children miss their parents, too. Another part is the desire to be a better parent and do with your kids. I think that those desires are the very core of attachment parenting.

No comments: