Monday, December 10, 2007

I love my FLYlady timer!

I just sent in this testimonial to FLYlady.net. If you haven't checked out her website, now would be a great time. She's phenominal.



Anyway, this is why I love the timer.



I've been fluttering for about five months now, but I got the timer about a month or so ago. That has truly changed my life! However, my favorite thing about the timer is that it doesn't just help me do my chores, it makes them even more fun too. It reminds me of the fun I used to have while I was growing up.

When I was younger, I would ask my mom if I could go play with a friend. When I got a positive answer, I would run to the phone, dial the number of my best friend, and ask if she could play. There were times when she would answer that she couldn't because she had chores. I would say, "That's OK." Promptly put down the phone, run across the street to her house, and help her with her chores. The favors were reciprocated. Chores are always more fun to me if I have someone to talk to while I'm doing them. Therefore, the FLYlady timer has helped me immensely. Now, my best friend lives across the country from me, but she's a FLYlady fan, too. (She's the one who talked me into my LOVELY timer). We don't get to see each other often, so when we get a chance to talk or chat, we could spend all day. (We are SHE's). We chat online with each other. Now, we use our timers. We do our chores together too. We each sit down to chat, and then one or the other of us will comment on how our houses are coming along. One of us will say, "I need to do. . and name a chore" and the other will say. Start the timer for 5, 10, or 15 minutes. Then, we'll both go start our timers and go to work. It's just like doing chores together all over again. At the end of the 5 minutes, we chat for 5, then work for 5 over and over.

Every time after we finish a session, we get to tell each other what we've accomplished and what we have to do. We have our own little cheering section.

Thank you FLYlady for helping us to strengthen our friendship and for creating such a wonderful tool to help us. I always tell people to smile big. Well, I'm smiling big too.

Flying in South GA

P. S. The FLYlady timer is truly superior to the microwave, egg timer, or oven timer. The best part is that it beeps for a long time, so you want to either stop work and stop it or get up from whatever you're doing to stop it. It gets you working and then stopped again on time. :) YAY.

No comments: